Got an invite to give a coding test on DoSelect? This guide will help you understand the basics of the test and the environment.
Here's how you can give a test on DoSelect.
1. Check your inbox for the test invite. You should have received Test Invite email from email@example.com. Open the invite email and click on Go to test.
Note: If you’re unable to find test invite in your primary, then check spam folder.
2. You would be redirected to the test page now. Enter the information requested to proceed.
3. Once you enter all mandatory information, click on Proceed to test button.
4. Click on Start this test button once you're ready to give the test. A dialogue box will appear which contains instructions and declaration terms.
5. Click on Agree and continue button to proceed and you would get access to the test. This will also start a timer for your test.
6. Click on the problem name to start solving the problem.
7. Choose Android and Click Create IDE button to create an IDE.
8. This is how your IDE will look like.
9. There are two ways in which you can solve the problem. Either you use DoSelect IDE to code or You can upload your workspace directly.
To write the code, navigate to java folder and for defining layouts navigate to res folder.
Note: Please make sure that you adhere to following.
Package name: com.doselect.androidapp
Build tools version: 24.0.1
Target SDK version: 22
Compile SDK version: 22
10. If you want to Upload your workspace, then click on Upload workspace button, this will open modal. Click on Choose a zip to upload button upload your files. Once you’re done, Click on Upload workspace button. Now you can run your code.
Note: Your zip file must follow the following directory structure:
Make sure this is available in the dependencies `androidTestCompile 'tools.fastlane:screengrab:0.5.5'`. Look at the default code.
Make sure to include app/src/debug/AndroidManifest.xml in your submission and it should contain the default configuration provided in our boilerplate code.
11. Click on and Submit solution button to submit the current problem which you were solving.
12. Similarly, you can solve other android problems which are part of your test. Once you’ve solved all the problems, Click on the Submit and end test button.
13.After Successful submission, you'll see the below message.
Note: Finding it difficult to understand or stuck in between the test, Just drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 080 - 39591122. We will be happy to answer all your queries.