When students are under time pressure, they may make mistakes that have nothing to do with the extent of their learning. Hence, unless your goal is to assess how students perform under time pressure, it is important to design exams that can be reasonably completed in the time allotted.
One way to determine how long an exam will take students to complete is to take it yourself and allow students triple the time it took you – or reduce the length or difficulty of the exam. Follow the steps mentioned below to set a preferred duration for the test:
- On your dashboard, click on Tests.
- Click on any test. That will lead you to the next page. On the left side of the page, you will see the Settings option.
- Hover to General Settings, you will see Duration option under Details section.
- Assign the preferred duration of the test.
- Click Save Details and you're good to go!