The DoSelect IDE enables you to create full-fledged applications in an isolated, cloud-based environment easily. The terminal has root-access to the virtual machine and can be used to install any additional software needed. The live preview feature enables you to run your application live and see the results real-time.
File browser lists files and folders of the workspace.
- Left clicking a file opens the file in a new tab
- Left clicking a folder opens up files in the folder as a subtree
Right Clicking a file/folder opens up a context menu which has the following options
- New File creates a new file with user specified name in current directory's context
- New Folder creates a new folder with user specified name in current directory's context
- Copy Path copies the file/folder path to clipboard
- Delete deletes the file/folder
- Rename renames the file/folder
Workspace manager does the following
- Green indicates the connectivity is good and IDE is online.
- Orange indicates the connectivity is poor and IDE operations won’t work until Connection is live. Note that on network disconnection, IDE retries to re-establish the connectivity.
- Reload allows you to refresh the workspace tree
- Create file/folder allows you to create a file/folder in the root directory of the workspace.
To edit a file
- Click on a file from File Browser pane.
- File will be opened in a new tab.
- Make changes to the file.
- To save press the usual key combination (Ctrl / Cmd + S).
- Click close button to close a tab.
Apart, a couple of handy features that come along are
- All changes made to the files are temporarily stored locally. Unsaved file changes would not be lost on network disconnection or browser window/tab refresh.
- Right-clicking on the editor allows you to cut/copy/paste the selection to Clipboard.
- You may open multiple tabs by clicking on a file from File Browser pane.
- Syntax Highlighting and auto-completion is enabled for all supported languages.
- Gutter would display line specific errors (or) warnings.
- When file changes are not saved, the file is in dirty state and a pencil icon would be displayed on the specific tab.
- When a file is in dirty state (non-saved state), that tab cannot be closed.
Menu bar consists of all the actions related to the IDE categorized under respective menus. Most options are self-explanatory.
Action bar consists of buttons for repetitive actions on a single click. The following are the available actions (ordered left to right)
- Upload workspace enables you to upload your local workspace (in zip format) which replaces the existing workspace.
- Download the current workspace locally. File would be format
- Build (Available only in APP environments) triggers a build according to the pre-configured command. Real-time logs are streamed in Command logs pane. (Refer logs section)
- Test (Available only in APP environments) triggers the test suite according to the pre-configured command. Real-time logs are streamed in Command logs pane. (Refer logs section)
- Live preview opens a new tab with pre-configured preview URL. You needn't download/install anything to see your code changes. The changes are updated real-time. (Available only in APP,UIX, and SHL environments)
- Save all files saves all the unsaved files in the workspace.
Info bar consists of the following
- Test end countdown timer. (Available only in test environments)
- View problem statement without moving out of IDE.
- Finalize and submit the solution. (Available only in test environments)
- Close IDE
A bash based terminal connected to the live machine. It supports the operations done on a local terminal instance.
- Application logs are the server logs streamed on interaction with the live preview.
- Commands logs are build/test log streams triggered on build/test action.
After you're done, you can close the IDE and submit your solution. Please keep in mind that solutions for Mobile-based problems can take up to a few minutes for submission.